Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thankful for Miracles

Thank you so much to all our friends and family who prayed for my Mom a few weeks ago. I know it was a miracle that her life was prolonged and it turned out to be a great blessing for me to be able to spend a few days with her.
I was pondering some of the miracles that have happened in my life this past year and that stands out as one of the most prominent. However, I'm also grateful for the small daily miracles that occur all around me...like when my teenager decides to help without being asked, when my little ones give me a hug or kiss just when I needed a little encouragement, when I arrive home and Ryan has done all the housework, laundry and has the kids handled so I can rest, when my sister in law invites us to dinner on just the exact night that I felt I couldn't do one more thing, when the Lord speaks peace until my soul as I listen to my scriptures on the way to work each day.
I know that God lives, and I know that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He knows me personally. He knows my challenges. He knows my weaknesses and he knows my strengths. He makes up the difference when I give my heart and trust in His infinite atonement. I am so grateful for this knowlege. I know that he will continue to bless me with miracles. I pray for strength to recognize them and continue to express my gratitude to Him.
May the Lord bless you with your own personal miracle today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know this has been up for quite a while, but it's still beautiful. I pray you are still being blessed and feeling as grateful today as you were then. Love ya, girl!
Andrea